Friday, September 7, 2007

Painfully Frustrating

When the nature of technology is defined by the fact that by the time I'm done typing something up, it will most probably be "so yesterday", one has to sit back and wonder why domestic media fails to keep one up to date with what is happening in this diminutive world that we lovingly call "IT." Of course, given the introductory statement, this might all sound a bit retarded - you might be thinking "he's explicitly stating that the average lifespan of information is a few minutes if lucky, yet he's cribbing about media not keeping you up to date about it - papers are distributed early morning for Pete's sake!"

I would agree with you, but then again, let me tell you how the Pakistani presence works. July 2007 saw one of the more credible newsletters explain to individuals the term "data mining." Uh correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't data mining been creating a hoohaa over the last few years? You are introducing readers to the same - now??? But then again everything takes root somewhere, and reckon there's no better base than educational institutes. Then do help solve a conundrum that 6 years on, I still haven't solved - and I solved that dang cube in lesser time! Being a student at one of the more prestigious high schools out here, I declared my intent to pursue a bachelors in computer engineering - when it came down to schooling, I found myself explaining to institutes the difference between comp. eng., and comp. sci. As Kenan so often questioned, "whyyy???"

Ah reckon I can be as petty as one can imagine when the world isn't running as its supposed to - but ah c'mon - don't create a hooha about the iPhone particularly once its encountered issues - don't go about exclaiming that there is no laptop manufacturer other than Sony, and Toshiba (yes...ask those salesmen who have tried to sell me anything but a Toshiba, and you'll know how I feel...but...), don't tell me that its a stagnant e-environment that we find ourselves in.

Succinctly, here's the deal - we're going to blog our way through everything that we can get our hands on - if there's any topic that you want to know more about, feel free to ask, and we'll make that the topic of the week. We'll review what you want, when you want. We'll post news as and when the ridicule that is the domestic DSL infrastructure allows. We'll discuss common practices, and last but not least, we'll do it the globally accepted way - not the Pakistani way.

Reckon we can all raise our glasses to a journey where bits and bytes blog our minds, far better than the manner in which they've clogged the backends of our service providers.

No comments: